The praise continues to come for Dodgers outfield Yasiel Puig. The Cuban rookie sensation, who has drawn comparisons to such players as Raul Mondesi, Bo Jackson, Vladimir Guerrero and Roberto Clemente, has just won the National League Player Of The Month Award for the month of June according to information now available at the Los Angeles Dodgers’ team website.
Yasiel hit .436 with 7 HR and 16 RBIs in the month of June while providing timely hitting and jaw-dropping plays out in the field. His 44 hits for the month are second all-time for a player’s first full calendar month, trailing only Joe DiMaggio’s 48 hits in May of 1936.
- Yasiel Puig Goes Off Like A Rocket (For sportsreported.com) (ericsdodgersblog.wordpress.com)
- Moving Day: Dodgers 8, Rockies 0 (ericsdodgersblog.wordpress.com)
- Yasiel Puig An All-Star? It’s A “Joke” Only If He’s Not Added. (thejvillereport.com)
- Yasiel Is The New Normal. Dodgers 6, Phillies 4 (ericsdodgersblog.wordpress.com)
- Yasiel Puig and the All-Star Game (newsday.com)
- Only Joe DiMaggio Had a Better First Month in MLB than Yasiel Puig (breitbart.com)